Phần mở đầu
Thực hành kỹ năng làm bài trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh về các hình thức so sánh của tính từ và trạng từ.
Choose the word, phrase, or clause (A, B, C, or D) that best fits the blank space in the sentence. (Hãy chọn từ, cụm từ hoặc mệnh đề A, B, C hoặc D thích hợp nhất cho khoảng trống của câu).
1) David was … than John.
|A. well||B. good||C. better||D. best|
2) Dorothy is the … student in the class, based on her high grades.
|A. smartest||B. more smarter||C. smarter||D. smart|
3) William does … in English classes than David and John.
|A. better||B. well||C. good||D. best|
4) Of the three girls, Helen, Susan, and Maria, Susan is the … character we know.
|A. more funny||B. funnier||C. most funny||D. funniest|
5) The ship was the … I had ever seen.
|A. most largest||B. largest||C. larger||D. more larger|
6) Helen is the … of the two sisters.
|A. more kinder||B. kindest||C. kinder||D. most kindest|
7) This building is … than that one.
|A. beautifuler||B. beautifulest||C. the most beautiful||D. more beautiful|
8) Dorothy promised to be … with her money.
|A. carefuler||B. more careful|
|C. most carefulest||D. more carefuler|
9) In my opinion, Hanoi is the … city in the world.
|A. most loveliest||B. more lovelier||C. loveliest||D. most lovely|
10) All of the cars in the parking lot, Mr. Brown’s is …
|A. the newer||B. more newer||C. the newest||D. the most newest|
11) Both I-25 and the parkway will take you Fort Collins, but the … is the … route.
|A. late / fastest||B. latter / fastest||C. late / faster||D. latter / faster|
12) Russian is spoken fast. Italian spoken … than Russian. Spanish is spoken … of all.
|A. more fast / the fastest||B. faster / the fastest|
|C. faster / the most fast||D. more faster / the fastest|
13) A country is said to have a trade surplus when overall exports are … overall import.
|A. greater than||B. the greater||C. more great than||D. more what|
14) The younger a range of mountains, … it tends to be.
|A. higher||B. to be higher||C. the higher||D. higher than|
15) … the octane number of gasoline, the less knocking occurs in the engine as the fuel is burned.
|A. Higher than||B. The higher||C. It is higher than||D. the highest|
16) The jury decided that they needed … proof of her ownership of the land.
|A. farther||B. farthest||C. further||D. furthest|
17) David and John both did … on the writing test, but John got the … score.
|A. good / higher||B. well / higher||C. well / highest||D. good / highest|
Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C, or D) that needs correcting. (Hãy chọn từ hoặc cụm từ được gạch dưới (A, B, C hoặc D) cần phải điều chỉnh lại cho đúng).
18) Maria’s last chess move (A), when compared (B) to the grandmaster’s, is equally as (C) mistaken (D).
19) Aneroid (A) baromaters are (B) smaller than (C) mercury barometers and are more easy (D) to carry.
20) Because the city has more (A) policemen (B) on the beat (C), the people feel securer (D).
21) Like (A) I walked up the driveway (B), a huge (C) dog suddenly (D) leaped out at me.
22) Parents in Europe (A) are stricter than (B) parents in Australia (C). Parents in Asia are the most strictest (D) of all.
23) This has to be the most (A) supreme (B) example of ignorance (C) I have ever (D) encountered.
24) “Helen is extremely (A) perfect (B) when it comes (C) to grammar (D), as I am,” said Dorothy.
25) Even (A) though the two properties are priced like (B), the condo buyer will need more (C) income (D) to qualify for a loan.
Choose the correct sentence (Hãy chọn câu đúng)
|26)||A. Helen sang more forcefully than correct.|
|B. Helen sang more forcefully than with the correct notes.|
|C. Helen sang more forceful than correctly.|
|D. Helen sang more forcefully than correctly|
|27)||A. New York’s population is larger than San Francisco.|
|B. New York’s population is larger than San Francisco is.|
|C. New York’s population is larger than San Francisco’s.|
|D. New York’s population is more larger than San Francisco.|
|28)||A. The ears of Lao elephants are bigger than Thai elephants.|
|B. The ears of Lao elephants are more bigger than Thai elephants.|
|C. The ears of Lao elephants are bigger than those of Thai elephants.|
|D. The ears of Lao elephants are the biggest than Thai elephants.|
|29)||A. Coyote is the most important animal of the mythical prehuman animal age, when animals were believed to be able to talk.|
|B. Coyote is the more important animal of the mythical prehuman animal age, when animals were believed to be able to talk.|
|C. Coyote is the importanter animal of the mythical prehuman animal age, when animals were believed to be able to talk.|
|D. Coyote is the importantest animal of the mythical prehuman animal age, when animals were believed to be able to talk.|
|30)||A. Of the twins, Maria weighs more and is the tallest.|
|B. Of the twins, Maria weighs most and is the tallest.|
|C. Of the twins, Maria weighs more and is the taller.|
|D. Of the twins, Maria weighs most and is the taller.|