Phần mở đầu
Choose the world, phrase, or clause (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the sentence. (Hãy chọn từ, cụm từ hoặc mệnh đề A, B, C hoặc D thích hợp nhất cho khoảng trống của câu).
1) William considered …. lucky when he bought an affordable apartment.
|A/ him||B/ he|
|C/ himself||D/ his|
2) David’s favourite sport is football; … is tennis.
|A/ my||B/ me|
|C/ mine||D/ I|
3) The lady … were here left a message for Helen.
|A/ who||B/ whom|
|C/ whomever||D/ whose|
4) It was … who ended up as finalists in the competition.
|A/ me and her||B/ she and I|
|C/ myself and herself||D/ me and she|
5) Hillary Clinton is the candidate … we think will win.
|A/ whom||B/ whose|
|C/ who||D/ of whom|
6) The Isrealis believe that … country will always be subject to attack.
|A/ they||B/ its|
|C/ it||D/ their|
7) … mother wants … to become a teacher.
|A. Me/me||B. My/my|
|C. My/me||D. Me/my|
8) The whole time we were growing up, teachers always seemed to like … better than ….
|A. her/me||B. Dorothy/I|
|C. her/I||D. she/I|
9) … and … always get into arguments about politics.
|A. He/me||B. His/I|
|C. His/me||D. He/I|
10) I think it would be a good idea for … to go away for a long weekend without the baby.
|A/ me and Dorothy||B/ Dorothy and I|
|C/ I and Dorothy||D/ Dorothy and me|
11) Helen does better on tests, but I write better papers than ….As a result, she usually gets about the same grades as …
|A. her/me||B. her/I|
|C. she/I||D. she/me|
12) Sometimes children … parents are both working have to look after …
|A. whose/ themselves||B. whom/them|
|C. who/them||D. who/themselves|
Choose the underlined word or phras“e (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (Hãy chọn từ hoặc cụm từ được gạch dưới A, B, C hoặc D cần phải điều chỉnh lại cho đúng.
13) It (A) was them (B) who (C) ate all (D) the cookies.
14) Please ask whom (A) is in the corridor to come in (B) and help us (C) move these (D) tables.
15) He and I (A) are the best (B) of friends, but Helen does not like either (C) he or me (D).
16) Anyone (A) who (B) wants to attend (C) the course must complete his (D) registration before Thursday.
17) If you’re (A) going to the park, can you (B) take hers (C) dog for a walk (D) ?
18) The confrontation between she (A) and her family (B) force her (C) to leave home, and she (D) saw neither her grandmother nor her brothers again.
19) I told her (A) that I and John (B) had struggled with the same issue and that I (C) thought they would work things out if they (D) could just spend more time together.
20) The cook (A) and housekeeper did not (B) like their (C) duties (D).
21) The two people closest to me (A), her (B) and my brother (C), expected me (D) to return home after graduation.
22) Do you (A) really believe that they (B) have blamed we (A) for the accident, especially you and me (D)?
23) Of those (A) who (B) graduated with Dorothy and he (C), Helen is the only one who (D) has found a good job.
24) It was him (A), William Strunk, who (B) stayed with Dorothy (C) for twenty years, teaching and encouraging his (D) students.
25) The adviser whom (A) the president said had leaked (B) the information was asked (C) to resign (D).
Choose the correct sentence (Hãy chọn câu đúng).
|26.||A. She wanted he go to the post office with her.|
|B. She wanted him to go to the post office with her.|
|C. She wanted he to go to the post office with she.|
|D. She wanted him to go to the post office with she.|
|27.||A. Tell the secret to he and I.|
|B. Tell the secret to him and I.|
|C. Tell the secret to me and him.|
|D. Tell the secret to him and me.|
|28.||A. The man to who I gave the money has disappeared.|
|B. The man whom I saw didn’t leave any message.|
|C. The man who I saw didn’t leave any message.|
|D. The man whose I saw didn’t leave any message.|
|29.||A. From who did you get that impression?|
|B. From whom did you get that impression?|
|C. To who do you wish to send these roses, sir?|
|D. To whose do you wish to send these roses, sir?|
|30.||A. He was late for work more often than me.|
|B. Him was late for work more often than me.|
|C. No one knows as much as him about local politics.|
|D. No one knows as much as he about local politics.|