Phần mở đầu
Thực hành bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh về V-ing và động từ nguyên mẫu.
Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (Hãy chọn từ hoặc cụm từ được gạch dưới (A, B, C hoặc D) cần phải điều chỉnh lại cho đúng).
1) We were very sorry (A) hearing (B) that she had failed (C) in her exam (D).
2) I’d love (A) to have (B) an opportunity (C) of to meet (D) you again.
3) I should (A) like her starting (B) taking (C) more French (D) lessons.
4) A bulldozer (A) is used (B) for pushing (C) earth and (D) to grade it.
5) The mother allowed (A) her children yelling (B) and scream (C) at the birthday (D) party.
6) I had (A) to content (B) myself with watch (C) the little moving (D) lights.
7) Building (A) in 1772, Maryland’s state capitol is still in use (B), and is one of the most attractive (C) public buildings (D) in United States.
8) William plants (A) to immediately (B) fly to (C) Japan after final exams (D) are over.
9) A bank or department (A) store must give (B) a reason for refuse (C) to give (D) someone a credit card.
10) Insects (A) calling (B) termites are a vital part of decomposition (C) in grasslands (D).
11) I can’t understand (A) her want (B) to marry (C) a man like (D) that.
12) He survived (A) the crash only (B) dying (C) in the desert (D).
13) Love is a smile to share (A), an ear listening (B), and a heart (C) to love (D).
14) An airplane engine produces (A) a forward force called (B) thrust, while a force called drag, cause (C) as a plane pushes against (D) the air, slows it down.
15) He was very sorry (A) not have seen (B) his mother before (C) she went to (D) Paris.
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C, or D) that best fits the blank space in the sentence. (Hãy chọn từ hoặc cụm từ (A, B, C hoặc D) thích hợp nhất cho khoảng trống của câu).
16) She took lessons …… how to play the violin.
|A/ learn||B/ learning|
|C/ to learn||D/ which learning|
17) Her telephone number is easy ……
|A/ remembering||B/ remembered|
|C/ remember||D/ to remember|
18) He is the first student ….. the scholarship this year.
|A/ who win||B/ to win|
|C/ winning||D/ whose won|
19) Would you like to go out or would you rather ….. here?
|A/ to stay||B/ staying|
|C/ stayed||D/ stay|
20) Atoll are coral islands made up of ….. reef surrounding a lagoon.
|A/ a ring’s shape||B/ a ring-shaped|
|C/ shaped like a ring||D/ having the shape of a ring|
21) I heard them ……
|A/ to cry||B/ cried|
|C/ cry||D/ to crying|
22) I think the temperature control needs ……
|A/ be adjusted||B/ adjusted|
|C/ to be adjusted||D/ to adjusting it|
23) They can’t consider ….. a new car before ….. the old one.
|A. to buy / selling||B. buying / selling|
|C. to buy / to sell||D. buying / to sell|
24) They were seen …. the bus.
|A/ get off||B/ to get off|
|C/ get||D/ getting|
25) You must learn to work hard and ….. money.
|A/ saving||B/ save|
|C/ saved||D/ to save|
26) The …. man could see the ….. red lights of the ambulance.
|A. injured / flashed||B. injured / flashing|
|C. injuring / flashing||D. injuring / flashed|
27) What I like is ….. in the sea and then ….. on the warm sand.
|A. to swim / to lie||B. swimming / laying|
|C. to swim / to laying||D. to swim / lying|
28) My teacher had to ask them …………
|A. stopping / to play||B. to stop / playing|
|C. stop / to playing||D. stop / to play|
Choose the correct sentence (Hãy chọn câu đúng).
|29.||A. He uses the attachments on his U.S Army knife to magnify small items, file his nails, and to measure insects he finds.|
|B. He uses the attachments on his U.S Army knife to magnify small items, file his nails, and measuring insects he finds.|
|C. He uses the attachments on his U.S Army knife to magnify small items, filing his nails, and measuring insects he finds.|
|A. He uses the attachments on his U.S Army knife to magnify small items, to file his nails, and to measure insects he finds.|
|30.||A. Humid air is responsible for encouraging mildew, to wrap wood, and to rust metal.|
|B. Humid air is responsible for encouraging mildew, wrapping wood, and rusting metal.|
|C. Humid air is responsible for encouraging mildew, wrapping wood, and for rusting metal.|
|D. Humid air is responsible for encouraging mildew, to wrap wood, and rust metal.|