Phần mở đầu
Thực hành bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh về cách dùng động từ
Choose the word or phrase (A, B,C or D) that best fits the blank space in the sentence. (Hãy chọn từ hoặc cụm từ A, B, C hoặc D thích hợp nhất cho khoảng trống của câu).
1) They …… a visit to the university that day.
|A/ paid||B/ made|
|C/ did||D/ A and C|
2) Last weekend he …. a visit to a friend.
|A/ paid||B/ made|
|C/ did||D/ A and C|
3) David …. his uncle an apology.
|A/ made||B/ offered|
|C/ owed||D/ did|
4) In 1775 the explorer Daniel Boone opened the Wilderness Trail to Kentucky and made ….
|A/ the first settlements there possible.|
|B/ possibly they were the first settlements there.|
|C/ it possible the first settlements there.|
|D/ as possible the first settlements there.|
5) Many ocean currents …. counter-currents that flow beneath them in the opposite direction.
|A/ they have||B/ having|
|C/ have||D/ that have|
6) David ….. a dictionary yesterday, and he …. it tomorrow.
|A/ borrows, returns||B/ borrowed, will return|
|C/ borrowed, returns||D/ borrows, will return|
7) Early pioneers used plants called horsetails …. and polish their metal pots and pans.
|A/ clean||B/ for cleaning|
|C/ to clean||D/ cleaning|
8) While David …. the valves, john …. the tires.
|A. was ground/ was rotated|
|B. was grinding / was rotated|
|C. was ground / was rorating|
|D. was grinding / was rotating|
9) Ever since the first nuclear power plants were built, opponents …. disaster.
|A/ have predicted||B/ predicted|
|C/ have been predicting||D/ A and C|
10) By the end of the year 2010 I will …. $50,000.
|A/ save||B/ have saved|
|C/ has saved||D/ have saving|
Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (Hãy chọn từ hoặc cụm từ được gạch dưới (A, B, C hoặc D) cần phải điều chỉnh lại cho đúng).
11) Some experts has argued (A) that these types (B) of crashes (C) have decreased (D) in number over the last twenty years.
12) When Michael is (A) a little (B) boy, he was shot (C) in his right (D) eye with a gun.
13) William and Dorothy spread (A) and old tablecloth (B) on the ground and set (C) in the grass to eat (D) their picnic supper.
14) Economists (A) will be closely (B) watch (C) fluctuations (D) of the price of gold.
15) The president of the (A) U.S may do (B) an agreement with another country which, unlike (C) a treaty, does not require the approval (D) of the U.S Senate.
16) The rock formations (A) in the Valley of Fine in Nevada have been wore (B) into many (C) strange shapes (D) by the action of wind and water.
17) At the rate I am living (A), I will had (B) spent (C) all my summer earnings (D) by the end of September.
18) When I asked (A) my grandfather about this career, I have guessed (B) correctly that he would have (C) along and interesting story to tell (D).
19) If you feel (A) your hair standing on end during a thunderstorm, lay down (B) quickly to avoid (C) being (D) hit by lightning.
20) I have called (A) the plumber twice today. I have left (B) a message both times. He still (C) have not returned (D) my call.
21) After (A) the song has (B) been played at least (C) nine times, David shouted (D), “Enought!”.
Choose the correct sentence (Hãy chọn câu đúng)
A/ The policeman stopped the car and speaks to the driver.
B/ The policeman stops the car and spoke to the driver.
C/ I went into the room and there I saw my teacher.
D/ I went into the room and there I see my teacher.
A/ The family already finished dinner when the doorbell rings.
B/ The family already finished dinner when the doorbell rang.
C/ The family have already finished dinner when the doorbell rings.
D/ The family had already finished dinner when the doorbell rang.
A/ David always sits down one cup of tea, forgets about it, and pours another.
B/ David always sat down one cup of tea, forgot about it, and poured another.
C/ David always sets down one cup of tea, forgets about it, and pours another.
D/ David always sat down one cup of tea, forgets about it, and pours another.
A/ I suddenly realized that I leave my keys at home.
B/ I suddenly realized that I’m leaving my keys at home.
C/ I suddenly realized that I have left my keys at home.
D/ I suddenly realized that I had left my keys at home.
A/ Please lie that package on my desk.
B/ I forgot where I had laid my glasses.
C/ He lies the blanket over his sleeping son
D/ Sometimes she just lays and stares at the ceiling.
A/ The new trophy sat on the bookcase.
B/ He sat the package on the counter.
C/ Her grandfather set in an easy chair and smoked his pipe.
D/ She filled the kettle and sit it on the range.
A/ Their church raises money to help the poor.
B/ In Tokyo, the building raise from the sidewalks into the sky.
C/ My boss rose my salary by 10%.
D/ All the reporters raised when the Prime Minister walked into the room.
A/ After I lie down, I discovered I wasn’t sleepy.
B/ Let me lay down for a few minutes, and I’ll be fine.
C/ When he gets a headache, David lies down in a dark room for several hours.
D/ She lay down and closes her eyes.
A/ By the time Hitler sends reinforcements, the Allies had already taken much of France.
B/ By the time Hitler sent reinforcements, the Allies had already taken much of France.
C/ By the time Hitler sent reinforcements, the Allies had already took much of France.
D/ By the time Hitler sent reinforcements, the Allies have already taken much of France.