Phần mở đầu
Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that need correcting. (Hãy chọn từ hoặc cụm từ được gạch dưới (A, B, C hoặc D) cần phải điều chỉnh lại cho đúng.
1) In North American (A) cultural, men do not (B) kiss men when (C) meeting each other. They shake (D) hands.
2) David is a computer (A) technical who (B) knows how to (C) fix computer (D) equipment.
3) His sister (A) believes (B) in him and (C) knowledge he would never (D) hurt anyone.
4) The (A) surgery, Harry Blackstone gave me a 80 percent (B) chance of making a full (C) recovery but only a 50 percent chance of (D) playing football again.
5) The only objects with more (A) distance orbits are the long (B) period comets, which are not regarded as (C) members of the (D) Solar System.
6) First specializing in (A) industrial photography, William (B) later became a famous news (C) photographer and (D) editorial.
7) (A) Mathematics have taken centuries (B) to develop the (C) methods that we now use in (D) arithmatic.
8) (A) Transfer taxes are (B) imposed on the (C) sell or exchange of stocks (D) and bonds.
9) A good (A) carpentry must (B) possess a (C) wide variety of (D) skills.
10) (A) Although the social sciences (B) different a great deal from (C) one another, they share a common (D) interest in human relationships.
11) (A) Before my father (B) passed away, he had (C) already seen the (D) succeed of his children.
12) (A) Alike (B) all (C) other higher primates, gorillas have nails, (D) not claws.
13) For 62 years, Ellis Island in New York Bay (A) served as the main point of (B) enter for (C) millions of America’s (D) immigrants.
14) There were (A) several (B) interested seminars (C) where he picked up some useful (D) information.
15) (A) Married customs (B) differ (C) greatly from society (D) to society.
16) Your father is (A) feeling (B) freely and (C) easy today, (D) so you can ask him for money.
17) His (A) explanation was (B) detailed; he was (C) emphasize about the (D) need to cut expenses.
18) Why he (A) left home (B) without saying where he was going is (C) still a (D) mysterious.
19) Whenever we officially (A) recognize a government that (B) abuses its own citizens, we are (C) tacitly accepting an improper (D) principal.
20) Strauss, a Jewish (A) refugee from Germany, was a (B) brilliant (C) philosophy and a (D) magnetic teacher.
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the sentence. (Hãy chọn từ hoặc cụm từ (A, B, C hoặc D) thích hợp nhất cho khoảng trống của câu).
21) They called on Serbian leaders to stop deceiveing Yugoslav ….. and backed a peacekeeping force in Kosovo.
|A/ person||B/ people|
|C/ personal||D/ personable|
22) The twins are ….. in looks but not in personality.
|A/ alike||B/ likely|
|C/ like||D/ unlikely|
23) The …. of the Mount Everest expedition has staggered even the most organized and experienced climbers.
|A/ enormous||B/ enormously|
|C/ enormousness||D/ enormity|
24) Darwin’s ….. of evolution is based on the survival of the fittest creatures.
|A/ theoretician||B/ theory|
|C/ theorist||D/ theoretical|
25) A great deal was accomplished during his …..
|A/ preside||B/ president|
|C/ presidency||D/ presidential|
26) The candidate accepted the ….. of winning the presidency.
|A/ glorify||B/ glory|
|C/ glorious||D/ gloriously|
27) The repair can be made …… with just a screwdriver.
|A/ simply||B/ simple|
|C/ simplicity||D/ simplify|
28) This country needs fewer ….. and less ……….
|A. politics/ politicians||B. political/ politicians|
|C. politicians/ politics||D. politicians/ political|
29) Before he shot the ….., John reportedly spent several days …. around his hotel room.
|A. leadership/ lying||B. leadership / laying|
|C. leader / lying||D. leader / laying|
30) The countryside is …… and uncluttered there, and the night sky is so ……..
|A. beautiful / clearance||B. beautiful / clear|
|C. beauty / clearance||D. beauty / clear|